Due to a numerous Jewish community in Hořovice, there was founded JewishReligious Community in 1875, and at the same time

there was also founded a prayer hall (a rented room in a house in the town), which had served this purpose until 1903. A proposal to build a synagogue, which would become a dignified prayer place, came from Julius Bondy, Chairman of the Jewish Religious Community. For 500 gold coins, a gift from Count William Hanavský, there was purchased a building plot and the construction builder Otto Zambory initializated the building in April 1903. 
 
Finished synagogue was officially opened on 3rd March 1904. It served its sacramental purposes until the Second World War, when it was used as a furniture storeroom. 
 
After the war, members of three families returned to Hořovice, but the Jewish Religious Community was not restored dueto a small number of Jews. The evangelic Church of Czech Brethren bought it from the Jewish Religious Community in 1947. 
 
In 1972 it was rebuilt according to a project by J. Esterle - the main prayer hall was reduced in size and there was an apartment set up on the first floor.
 
 

Novinky

Bohoslužby v létě

Přehled kazatelů v Hořovicích pro červenec a srpen 2018: 8.7. Michal U. čtené  15.7. O. Pellar  22.7. Tomáš Živný 29.7. Michal U....
Celý článek